US Fish and Wildlife Visitor Center
N 5727 County Road Z
Onalaska, WI 54650
(608) 779 2399
A stop at the Visitor Center includes the following:
- A 10-minute movie in our theater about the seasonal sights and sounds on the refuge.
- Interactive exhibits about the diverse wildlife and habitats.
- The River Walk exhibit allows you to “walk on water” and see what lies below the surface of the river.
- 2 miles of paved and packed gravel trails wind through the sand prairie.
- Plenty of prairie plants provide year-round color. Visit each season to see the change. These native plants are beneficial to butterflies, bees, dragonflies and more. The prairie is absolutely “buzzing” with activity from late spring through fall!