Buffalo City Clerk
245 East 10th Street
Buffalo City, WI 54622
Established in 1856, Buffalo City is the site of the first county jail, dating to 1861. The building still stands in the city park. Buffalo City’s founders, The Colonization Society of Cincinnati, selected this site because it was on the main channel of the Mississippi River. However, a major flood caused the main channel to jump to the Minnesota side. And in 1886, the railroad bypassed the town. These developments led to Buffalo City being one of Wisconsin’s smallest incorporated cities.
Foelsch River Side Park has a one-mile nature trail and several boat ramps near Buffalo City provide access to the river.
This is a popular area for birding and fishing in backwaters. It is located on the banks of the backwaters of the Mississippi River. It has an abundance of migrating birds, best fishing ever along with miles of scenic quiet streets for biking or hiking.